MIDWEST Smoke Out V

Started by Tenpoint5, January 01, 2014, 08:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

I am not going to be able to make it this year.  While I was really hoping things would pan out where I could, circumstances didn't come together.

Everyone have a good time and safe travels.  I'll be watching the goings on through the pics you post.  That's not nearly as good as witnessing it first hand but it will have to do. :)

ragweed

That's too bad, Larry.  Next year for sure, eh?

pensrock

Everyone there will have a good time and eat very well. Like Larry and Rick I am waiting to see some picture and comments. Have a safe trip everyone and enjoy! :)

Tiny Tim

Ditto Pens.  Sucks being this close and not being able to make it...just wasn't meant to be. 

Tenpoint5

Received a couple packages in the mail yesterday.  Some Smoked Cooper cheese from Pensrock.  Along with some Salumi and Chorizo from Nepas.  My neighbor also dropped off 5 dozen ears of Sweet Corn to boil up or send home with folks!

I will be making up a batch of Jambalaya for the travelers that arrive this evening.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Sounds good Chris, we're heading to the Amana Colonies this morning and then up your way later this afternoon, see you then.

ragweed

Saddling up the "Blue Cyclone" now.  Heading your way soon, Chris.  The jambalaya sounds great!!

manfromplaid

We have arrived in cascade iowa. A great (but damp) trip down. Staying in tent site R9 at the riverview campsite.    woohoo:)

dman4505

glad to see you made safe and sound
wife and I are heading out in a couple hours
5 hour drive, depending on construction and traffic, to where we'll be camping
we'll see everyone tomorrow afternoon for the big show

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

pensrock

Glad the package arrived in time Chris.
Can never go wrong with Jambalaya!
Let the party begin!  :)

OldHickory

Woo Hoo, The menu and all the folks that will soon arrive sounds like soooo much fun.  Wish I could be there.  Way too far for this old man.  I will be looking forward to the pic's.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

pensrock

Anxiously awaiting some pics and thoughts.....  ???

Tenpoint5

Gorgeous weather, Great friends [both old and new] too bad we ran out of food!

I myself didn't get any pictures, hopefully some of the others got some. Another successful Smoke Out in the books! Time for tear down!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cobra6223

Well THANKS Chris and Miss Vicki for another GREAT time and for all the work you do to pull it off! It was really great to see old friends make some new ones and miss some old friends that couldn't make it . The food was awesome along with all the little goodies everyone brings to sample and the companionship was even better. Oh Chris don't tear it down just leave it up and we can meet there again next month and when it gets to cold we could move closer to the fire ring or into your garage!! ;D. Thanks also to Lance and Frank from Bradley for the gift bags and for taking time to be there with us. As always if you haven't been to a smoke out get to one and if there's not one in your area start one it's the best thing you'll ever do. I hope everyone had  safe trip home and hope to see you all NEXT YEAR !!

ragweed

Made it back to Nebraska safe and sound despite the 1/2 hr wait for construction and the guy that tried to run into me just blocks from home!

Thanks again to Chris and Miss Vicki for hosting another fabulous Smoke Out.  Good to see old friends and make new ones.  And thanks to Bradley for the gift package.  BTW....mine fits  ;D