MIDWEST Smoke Out V

Started by Tenpoint5, January 01, 2014, 08:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Looks like a winner to me Joe, I hope it lasts that long myself! :)

dman4505

we'll be staying here, and driving up for the cookout: Maquoketa Caves State Park
glad to see we have some of our neighbors from up north coming in for a visit
everyone have a safe trip, and arrive hungry cause you won't leave that way

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

pensrock

Real nice Joe, it will be a big hit. I just sent Chris a package with some Cooper that I added bacon and chopped Jalapenos to. I thinks its great but will be looking fwd to hearing what everyone else thinks of it. Sure wish I could be there in person to catch up with my friends. Maybe next year???
Greg

dman4505

I'm sure there's going to be a ton of pics posted

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

NorthShoreMN

Kept out hope that I would be able to attend, but started treatment for a form of pulmonary fibrosis (lung tissue hardening) that requires I remain close until we see what meds do to me. 
I had one of the best times I can remember last year , Tenpoint 5 and his family are wonderful hosts. Met a Lot of great people I had hoped to see again this year and maybe meet some new ones. 
Have a great Smoke Out !!
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

ragweed

Making new friends is great, but seeing old friends is better.  We'll miss you, Paul, AND the great wild rice dish you brought.   ;) ;)  Hope we can both make it next year....Joe

NePaSmoKer

We wont make it this year. After paying out 8k for my MIL services we need to save some $

ragweed

Sorry to hear that, Rick.  PM me with your current mailing address and I'll send you some of that hot jerky you liked so well....Joe

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ragweed on August 05, 2014, 07:35:31 AM
Sorry to hear that, Rick.  PM me with your current mailing address and I'll send you some of that hot jerky you liked so well....Joe

Thanks so much Joe.

Y'all have fun and take pics.

Next year for us.

KyNola

;D ;D ;D

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on August 05, 2014, 04:51:41 PM
;D ;D ;D

You going to be able to make it this year Larry? Saw you were still listed with a question mark.

Tenpoint5

Now that I have a pretty good idea of how many are coming. The menu that I will be providing is going to be Brisket, Tri Tip, Beef Chuck (Pulled Beef), Turkey (Pulled Turkey). Momma is making a Huge hash-brown casserole, plus a couple of desserts. That should be enough to get us started!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

See on the Radar some rain moving through South Dakota. Hopefully it doesn't affect Jeff and Gina to much on their Motorcycles.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ragweed

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 06, 2014, 12:50:57 AM
Now that I have a pretty good idea of how many are coming. The menu that I will be providing is going to be Brisket, Tri Tip, Beef Chuck (Pulled Beef), Turkey (Pulled Turkey). Momma is making a Huge hash-brown casserole, plus a couple of desserts. That should be enough to get us started!!

Heading out Friday morning, should be there mid to late afternoon.  Bringing the chicken sausage, Pens' Cooper loaves w/BBB and CB and a chunk of Char (yes, Chris, you can have some :) :)) for either sushi or a quick smoke/cook.  Travel safe everyone!!!

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on August 06, 2014, 04:56:53 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 06, 2014, 12:50:57 AM

Heading out Friday morning, should be there mid to late afternoon.  Bringing the chicken sausage, Pens' Cooper loaves w/BBB and CB and a chunk of Char (yes, Chris, you can have some :) :)) for either sushi or a quick smoke/cook.  Travel safe everyone!!!

We're leaving within the hour for a leisurely 2 day trip up, I'm bringing Greek Sausage, A-1 Kielbasa and two big batches of Jerky Pucks to add to the mix.