Hello from Illinois!

Started by Beekeeper, December 28, 2013, 07:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beekeeper

Hi everyone!  Santa brought me a digital Bradley Smoker 4 rack unit, along with the cold smoke attachment for Christmas, and I am excited to get busy learning to use it.  I have several years under my belt using an electric Brinkmann Smoker, and I am really looking forward to using a quality unit that offers more control and versatility.  I have been reading thru the post's on the forums, and I can't wait to get started!

I am also a bowhunter, and I have a freezer full of venison, so venison summer sausage is high on the list of things to run thru the smoker!  Thanks for a great resource, chocked full of sharing and helpful people.  I look forward so sharing my smoking experiences, and learning a lot from the veteran users here. 

I hope everyone had a blessed and Merry Christmas............and I wish everyone a smoking good 2014!    :)

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, ask questions if you have them and post pictures of your smokes.

ragweed

Welcome from Nebraska.  Keep your top vent open!

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum BeeKeeper, you're gonna' love this hobby. When you set up your cold smoking attachment you'll find an adapter plate in the kit that doesn't look like it will fit anywhere on your smoker. It won't. It's the adapter plate for the Bradley propane smoker. Just wanted to save you some consternation.  ;D
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

beefmann

welcome aboard, congrats on your smoker that santa  brought you, if you  have  questions,,, ask we are here to help and were new at  one time as well,...  lots of good people and information

UncleAl

Welcome from Michigan as others have said if you have any questions please ask them that's how all us newbies learn.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Indy Smoker

Welcome from Indiana.
I have the same setup and enjoy making jerky, sticks, cheese, salmon, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Beekeeper

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone!  I have my new Bradley seasoned, and I am looking forward to a bit warmer weather so I can try it out.  Because Central Illinois is still in the deep throes of winter, I think my first smoking adventure will be to try out the cold smoke attachment and smoke some cheese.  I just HAVE to smoke something, and I thought it would be good to take advantage of the cool weather for cheese smoking.

I have been reading posts on the forum every chance I get, and I am picking up some good hints, tips and advice.  I'm SO looking forward to warmer weather so I can get some ribs done.  I think I am really going to enjoy my Bradley smoker.  Thanks to everyone that helps us newbies, and contributes recipes and technical advice............there is a great bunch of folks here!    :)

hal4uk

Hey Beekeeper!
Where u at in Illinois?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Beekeeper

I'm about 50 miles south of you, down I-55 in Troy, IL.  We're practically neighbors!    ;D

BIG cold and BIG snow coming from the sounds of things.  Doesn't look like smoking weather anytime soon, unfortunately!   :(

pjplovedog

Welcome from the Pac NW...
I'd been struggling to smoke with other devices for years as well, before the Bradley arrived!  Made my life easier, but... I've spent lots of money buying "necessary accessories"
:)

squirtthecat

Quote from: Beekeeper on January 02, 2014, 06:00:42 PM
I'm about 50 miles south of you, down I-55 in Troy, IL.  We're practically neighbors!    ;D

BIG cold and BIG snow coming from the sounds of things.  Doesn't look like smoking weather anytime soon, unfortunately!   :(

Welcome from Exit 72!    ;)

Hal and I run a BBQ joint (food truck - minus the engine) on the weekends in Springfield.  You should stop by if you are ever up in the Patch some weekend!

Beekeeper

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 03, 2014, 05:52:14 AM
Quote from: Beekeeper on January 02, 2014, 06:00:42 PM

Welcome from Exit 72!    ;)

Hal and I run a BBQ joint (food truck - minus the engine) on the weekends in Springfield.  You should stop by if you are ever up in the Patch some weekend!

I will be sure to look you up the next time I get to Springfield!  That's a short drive for good BBQ!