Couple butts

Started by dave97402, January 13, 2014, 07:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave97402

Picked up some nice pork butts at cash and carry last week. One pack had 2 nice 9 pounders in it. I applied some rub and a little brown sugar and wrapped them up for a good 24 hours. Friday afternoon after work I put them in the smoker and put 5 hours of apple smoke on them. Just before heading off to bed removed the wood and changed the water. In the morning they were ready to come out after 12 hours plus of cooking in the Bradley! I wasn't pulling them so they were perfect for roasts! Delicious!

Also did some cheese Sunday so thought I would throw out a picture of that too. Some one here said "We like pics"

Dave

Saber 4

Your butt looks good, say that anywhere else with a straight face ;D

What's the white cheese in the bottom pic?

dave97402

haha, that is mozzarella. I thought it was a chunk, when I opened the package it was a roll with plastic. So I unrolled and figured what the heck.

Saber 4

Quote from: dave97402 on January 13, 2014, 12:37:49 PM
haha, that is mozzarella. I thought it was a chunk, when I opened the package it was a roll with plastic. So I unrolled and figured what the heck.

I'm sure it will be good, someone, I think it was Ragweed even smokes sliced cheeses for sandwiches.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

dave97402

I just placed the order for a PID and parts....sausage here I come!!