fatty

Started by manfromplaid, February 04, 2014, 12:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromplaid

thought i would try to make 1 of these beasts. ground chicken   could be interesting

warming to room temp now going in at 230 for 2 hours hickery then to an IT of what for a chicken loaf.
installed my add on 500 watt element and auto tuned the auber brick is heating maverick all hooked up   i b ready ;D

Ka Honu

Ground chicken? Is that a food? Is it stuffed with tofu, tilapia, or some other food substitute? Thank God for the bacon!

I'd say 165oF for the IT but I've never cooked ground chicken (or even known anyone who has) so I might not be the best judge.

manfromplaid

the wife brought it home and said try this   it stuck to everything it came close to but i got it into the smoker and now waiting to see what comes out   

Habanero Smoker

The recommended IT for ground poultry is 165°F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manfromplaid

and here is what i have   could use more zip but good enough to call it time well spent

TedEbear

Pics are not showing up.

tailfeathers

I can see the pic on the original post but not the last two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

manfromplaid

Saber 4

Definitely looks like a lean fatty, how did it taste and did it need a gravy for moisture?

manfromplaid

it tastes like chicken loaf not strong. used 1.5 hrs hickory, it to 165.  moist but not wet, not to soft, the texture was ok just not enough zip for me. modified the recipe for what i have ready. used jans rub to replace the spice combo posted on the recipe here a few days ago. for me  i would heat it up  for the others that share my table  good enough .

Saber 4

That's what matters the most, how your food is received at the table.