• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temp...temp... temp...

Started by Smokesmore, January 31, 2014, 04:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

Quote from: Bigwalleye on February 07, 2014, 08:20:21 PM
Fired up my new EBS and it never made it 90F. Was trying to season it but cldnt hit the recommended temp.  Also fed 3 pucks on its own as never hit the advance button??

The plugs on new smokers are usually very tight.  Try unplugging the power cord between the SG and the tower and plugging it back in tightly.  That usually does the trick.

As far as the pucks feeding on their own there's a fix for it that involves tweaking the adjustment on the micro switch.  I'd post the link but the recipe site that has all that info on it is currently having some connections problems for many of us.

Some info about adjusting it in this thread:  Frustration Sets In

Bigwalleye

TedEbear
Thanks for the tip. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and jumped right up to 200 in no time!!
Time to get smoking

njfoodies

It's a breezy 28 degrees tonight in The District, and I fired up the smoker for a 9 pound Boston Blade.  Bradley is set at 280, going 4 hours of smoke.  Boiled a water/apple juice combo and put it in a big pan covering the entire bottom of the Bradley, and I am holding at 220.  First smoke in the cold, so hopefully it holds up overnight.  Gonna add some more boiling water before I go to bed.  Guessing it'll be done sometime before lunch tomorrow, and then FTC for a little bit. 

Happy Presidents Day weekend Bradley fans! 
-F. Scott
Our Wine and Foodies Blog:  http://jerseyfoodies.blogspot.com/
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker BTDS76P

Smokesmore

Quote from: njfoodies on February 16, 2014, 08:15:51 PM
It's a breezy 28 degrees tonight in The District, and I fired up the smoker for a 9 pound Boston Blade.  Bradley is set at 280, going 4 hours of smoke.  Boiled a water/apple juice combo and put it in a big pan covering the entire bottom of the Bradley, and I am holding at 220.  First smoke in the cold, so hopefully it holds up overnight.  Gonna add some more boiling water before I go to bed.  Guessing it'll be done sometime before lunch tomorrow, and then FTC for a little bit. 

Happy Presidents Day weekend Bradley fans!

Post some pics!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk