Upgraded my Sausage Stuffer

Started by Smoke some, February 04, 2014, 08:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoke some

Upgraded  my Sausage Stuffer from a 5 pound to a 15 pound

my old Faithfull works great ...but was just not big enough, had to keep reloading it all the time when stuffing sausage.

here is the old one... it was a power fist from princess auto

The new one 15 lb Stainless Steel Vertical Sausage Stuffer also from princess auto
picked it up on sale for $199.00  I was surprised when the owners guide was from Weston

Side by side

Tube Size

Well time to go start cranking some sausage out, will let you know how the new one works out
Thanks for lookin......

ragweed

Wow, that's sweet!  Not a bad price either.  I gave $150.00 for my 5 lb LEM.

tailfeathers

Looks sweet! Unfortunately for me, SWMBO has informed me that my grinder/stuffer fund has been "redirected" and is as of this moment a deductible/co-pay fund. Such is life I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

renoman

Smoke some

No its not, picked this one up last year....I  finally got around to taking it out of the box...
They retail for $235.00

renoman

They had their 11 pounder on last week but if I upgrade it will be to 15 pounds as I usually make 10-12 pounds at a time.

RedJada

Looks sweet, now all you have to do is replace the crank handle with a DC gear motor with speed control.  :o :o

Saber 4

I've got the same style in the 11 lb model and it's awesome, I had to turn my seal upside down to get it to work and I plan to follow NePaSmoker's advice and replace it with a round o-ring as soon as I can remember to take it up to the parts house.

Tenpoint5

I think when I upgrade to a bigger stuffer. I will be getting the 15 pound Grizzly. It just looks like there would be a LOT of meat left in the elbow along with what would be left in the horn. But then again for the cost difference. I can refill my little 5 pounder a whole lot more times! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Pic-N-Stick

Very nice!  That is a great price!  I just upgraded from a 5lb lem to 7lb Weston 2-speed.  The LEM just didn't have the power to do smaller sticks.  I looked at larger stuffers but I usually do small batches of sausage, so figured with the 2 speeds and tilt-out can the 7 was all I needed.  Question- has anyone used another material placed in the stuffer behind the last of the sausage so you can press the remaining sausage through the horn/tube?  If so, what did you use?

Saber 4

I leave the last casing on the tube, unscrew the tube and remove it, then I use a small wad of paper towel and a bamboo skewer to push the meat in the tube into the casing, which leaves me a small handful in the elbow to fry up for a stuffers taste treat.

drano

Nice stuffer upgrade!
I've got a green Cabelas 11 lb, with the motor.  Makes simple work of pushing snack sticks--that I don't make too often.  But also turns larger casings into a one person job.   Wish mine were 15 lb so I wouldn't have to fill it 3 times for a 25 lb batch, but overall, a great machine.
You'll really appreciate yours too. 
If you want some longer horns, check out these 12" long ones:
http://smokeandstuff.com/index.php/categories/11-lb-stuffer-acessories