Deer sausage day

Started by STLstyle, January 19, 2014, 11:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

Wow
that is a high-tech smoke generator system. ;D I am curious how long do the sausages hang in the smoker in his garage . You are the second group of guys that I know that make sausage this way. Would you be sure to show us some pictures of the finished product. I am curious how they look when finished. Do you follow the same process with the meat sticks and the other sausages that you mentioned?
Kirby

watchdog56

That is an amazing feat. How long did it all take?

STLstyle

Quote from: cobra6223 on January 19, 2014, 07:55:59 PM
And I thought Kirby did a lot!! How long are those strands of sticks? Very neat and interesting.

Strands are roughly 11-12' long per strand.

Kirby,
The sausage will age a month or so.  We get a "it's ready come and get it" phone call when it's done.  Snack sticks will take 2-3 weeks I'm told.

This is my first year in "the club", so I'm still learning about their process.

I can tell you that the rookies are put to work!  I spent a lot of time chunking pork.  I was able to work my way into the stuffing table before it was all done.

We did the snack sticks on Friday after work.  We had those done about 9 pm.  They went pretty quick.

Sausage took most of the day on Saturday.  We started at 8, finished about 3:30.

I'll finish this post when I pickup the finished product.  Thanks for looking!

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

iceman

That should last you guys a day or two!  ;D
Great job. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Consooger

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

hutcho

That is awesome!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Mr Walleye

Nice little batch of sausage STL! What did you guys do with your spare time?  ;D

Seriously that's a pile of sausage. I've been involved with a 700 lb batch and I've done 200 lb batches myself in one day start to finish including packaging but I haven't hit the 1000 lb mark.

Great job!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoker John

Quite the sausage factory there, looks great
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Skishy

I believe the phrase "I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy" is appropriate here. That is one heck of a smoker!
"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker

STLstyle

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod

STLstyle

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod

Saber 4

Jkwellborn

pikeman_95

I thinks is looks fine. Are you happy with the results? This dried style of sausage is something I have never tried but I would like to taste the results. Do you add something to give it a tang?

STLstyle

I've been eating this recipe of sausage for years.  This is the first year I got the invite to join the group.  The finished product is very good.  The texture is more firm than our hot smoked variety which is a nice change of pace.  I was disappointed to learn they use a seasoning mix and this was not a homemade recipe.  I think it's  a Excaliber brand sausage mix from a local meat market.  They add mustard seed to it.  That's the only add on.  Overall it's very good and all seem to like it who try.

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod