Quick and Easy Butter Chicken

Started by barbquebec, February 10, 2014, 10:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbquebec

Quote from: Saber 4 on February 26, 2014, 07:41:44 PM
Quote from: Dano on February 26, 2014, 06:41:04 PM
Looks good. When I lived in Singapore we used to take trips to Delhi and Agara.   Learned to cook with a tandooor and got really good at Murgh Makhani(butter chicken) and mutton vindaloo. With the butter chicken traditionally it uses bits of leftover tandooried chicken so that's how I do it. If anyone would like them I can post my tandoori marinade and Murgh Makhani recipes which we picked up from over there.

I'll raise my hand for those recipes, I would love to try and duplicate it for my dad who loves both.
...make that two hands,Dano... 8)

Dano

Awesome! I haven't posted them to the recipies in dev page because I wasn't sure how many people would actually try them. I am happily corrected. :) Stay tuned. Will post them in the next day or so.
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

jjmoney

Yeah post away Dano, I'd be interested. I have often found it hard to avoid a butter chicken sauce splitting when you add the cream.

Saber 4

Quote from: Dano on February 27, 2014, 07:43:49 AM
Awesome! I haven't posted them to the recipies in dev page because I wasn't sure how many people would actually try them. I am happily corrected. :) Stay tuned. Will post them in the next day or so.

Drooling with anticipation. :D

Dano

Howdy all!  I'm going to post the tandoori chicken and murgh makhani in a few minutes in the 'recipies in development' section although they're not really developmental recipies. (I've made these a few dozen times since returning from Singapore in 2010 and haven't changed a thing)

Stay tuned!

TIP:
Note that if you're making the murgh makhani(butter chicken) I usually just make a double batch of the tandoori chicken; half goes on skewers and half goes into the wok(still uncooked) to fry up before I introduce the butter chicken gravy.  I find cooking it in the wok and then adding the gravy so all the flavours meld vs cooking the chicken on skewers and then dropping it in the gravy makes it taste much better.

barbquebec

Dano

Any time!  Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help!