• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs- first go with the Jan's Rub

Started by Tulla, February 16, 2014, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tulla

Here is my first go with the Jans Rub. Ribs using the 3-2-1 method. Finished off with a bit of sticky bbq sauce. Jeez that was a blowout.

beefmann

tailfeathers

Makin' me hungry!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

pjplovedog

RedJada

blokie

Hi there, where did you get the recipe for Jan's rub.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

tskeeter

Quote from: blokie on March 31, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

Blokie, remember Jan's isn't just for ribs.  It's my go-to rub for pulled pork.  Hear tell that it was originally intended as a chicken rub.  I was thinking that it'd be really good on some grill roasted corn on the cob.  And, I think some wacky dude who hangs out here even uses it on his eggs!

blokie

Thanks Smoker John. Much appreciated.  I've had a look at the recipe and is Lawry's seasoned salt something that is readily available in Ontario. Perhaps one  of the Canadian members can point me on the right direction, as it's not something I've think I've seen while cruising the grocery Isles. 

Smoker John

Not sure about Ontario, but here in the west I can find it at most grocery stores.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

TedEbear

Quote from: blokie on March 31, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

And if you prefer the spicy version...Jan's Spicy Dry Rub

ragweed

Blokie, when you get the ingredients, get enough to make a double batch.  Once you try it, you'll understand.   ;) ;)  It's my "go to" for nearly everything.

BBNRules

It's a good rub, but it's very sweet so go with a spicier version.  It works well for ribs, but for pork butt I like a smokier, savory rub.  I use it all the time on grilled BBQ chicken, it's a hit.

tomek

Quote from: blokie on March 31, 2014, 03:00:47 PM
Thanks Smoker John. Much appreciated.  I've had a look at the recipe and is Lawry's seasoned salt something that is readily available in Ontario. Perhaps one  of the Canadian members can point me on the right direction, as it's not something I've think I've seen while cruising the grocery Isles. 

Head over to Metro. Its in the spice section in a little "bottle".

tomek

I tried this rub on chicken breasts and it came out very very salty. Should I be washing the rub off after a time in the fridge? Or is it that we typically dont use much salt in foods?