The plastic molding under the door is cracked

Started by Matt Birzer, March 14, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Birzer

Where can I get a replacement of the plastic piece under the door that holds the temperature control and the front feet?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Matt;

Welcome to the forum.

You cannot just replace the plastic housing on the bottom or top of the door. You either have to make a DIY repair, or you need to purchase a new door. There are a few examples of door fixes on this forum.

After almost 10 years, and severe abuse :); I just replaced my door, and it was a pain in the shorts. ;D The replacement door doesn't come with instructions. I'm in the process of writing up the instructions now and it should be posted on the recipe site within two days. If you are going to get a new door, I will post a link to the instructions in this thread.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: Matt Birzer on March 14, 2014, 07:27:11 PM
Where can I get a replacement of the plastic piece under the door that holds the temperature control and the front feet?

Hi Matt.  Since yours has the temp control in the bottom faceplate it is one of the older versions and most likely is no longer under warranty.  The newer ones have the temp control in the smoke generator.  You can buy a replacement faceplate at Yard & Pool.

Bradley Smoker Replacement Lower Face Plate

Also, welcome to the forum.   :)

Wildcat

I purchased my OBS in the fall of 2006. My crack developed after about a month or two but still worked. I make sure that no moisture can get into the electronics, have never replaced it, and it is still working.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Oh! Now I know what you are referring to. The recent replacing of my door still has me frustrated. ;D ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)