6 week bran muffins

Started by tailfeathers, March 16, 2014, 08:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tailfeathers

2 cups boiling water                                                1 qt buttermilk
2 cups all bran                                                         5 cups flour
1 cup shortening                                                      5 tsp soda
3 cups white sugar                                                  1 tsp salt
4 eggs                                                                     4 cups bran flakes
pour the boiling water over all bran, set aside to cool. mix shortening and sugar, add eggs, butttermilk and soaked all bran.
mix lightly then add remaining dry ingredients. mix just until all ingredients are incorporated. cover and store in fridge for up to 6 weeks, using as needed. Bake 15 minutes at 400F.  Makes @ 5 dozen muffins.
Notes: We sometimes make 1/2 a batch instead of the full amount depending on whether we think we will eat them within 6 weeks time. I also like to add a few fresh blueberries or raisins to the batter just before popping them into the oven.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Saber 4

That sounds good, I bet it keeps you regular when you eat them regularly :D :o

tailfeathers

Regular is good and yes they do help in that regard. The pain meds I was prescribed after having my knee reconstructed can cause constipation so I've been eating these for breakfast pretty "regularly" (pun intended).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!