Leg of Lamb (boneless) Success!

Started by Indy, August 15, 2005, 05:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

car54;
Sounds real good to me. I've never used pom juice before. Did you just brush it on?
KARENCOOKS;
How did you use the pom molases? I'm not sure I could even find it up here. I love lamb on the grill but think it would be even better with a light smoke taste. You got me hooked with this one. Any suggestions you might have for me before I try it? Thanks, Patrick

car54

Iceman, I just mixed it in with the marinade and let it sit over night in a vacuum bag. I did not use any of the drippings unlike karencooks.

Brad

BigSmoker

I will try the Pom juice as soon as I get time.  I love lamb :P :P :P.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Smokin Hoosier

I've made this a few times and it's awesome! I've got the whole family loving lamb now! Does anyone have any other lamb recipes for the 'ol Bradley that they have had good luck with?

ohioan

I have a Jack Daniels Plum suace that is exelent with the lamb. It adds a sweet bite and compliments the rosemary...I'll see if I can dig it up...
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan

iceman

Dig deep :D Sounds real good :P ;D
Quote from: ohioan on July 24, 2007, 05:49:35 AM
I have a Jack Daniels Plum suace that is exelent with the lamb. It adds a sweet bite and compliments the rosemary...I'll see if I can dig it up...

Gizmo

Yes, please do.  Jack helps me out a lot on smokin.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

ohioan

I found the recipe...my younger brother has it and he is in the process of moving but he thinks he knows where it is. I told him to FIND IT!!!   >:(
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan

Smokin Hoosier

Thanks! I'm always looking for new ideas, and Lamb is a favorite at our house, as is pork, beef, salmon...... well, come to think of it, everything tastes pretty good smoked!

Kell

Ooo.. sound really good. I have a whole leg of lamb from Costco in the freezer.  My spoiled dog was getting homecooked lamb and rice when we were working thru his food allergy problems but now he's back on dry food and I have leg of lamb.   :)

gDub

Can't Find Pomegranate Juice. That stuff is all over the place here in California..oh yeah so are the Liberals.  :D
E-Shay...Better Then The Next!

tailfeathers

Had to dig back in time to find this but it was worth the effort. Did this recipe on a leg of lamb, turned out fabulous! Then I took the leftovers and made Zueth's Irish Lamb Stew from the recipe site, served the stew with bacon/cheddar/thyme crusty bread. I've got to say it was BY FAR the best stew I have ever had. Mrs. Tailfeathers (who professes to dislike lamb) even had seconds on the stew. So thanks Indy and Zueth (if you're still around)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Wildcat

Now ya got me a hankerin for some lamb again.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

tailfeathers

I gotta tell ya, if your a lamb fan these two recipes are for sure among the best I have ever had. Marinated using Indy's recipe (I did use pom juice in the marinade) smoked to an IT of 140 using apple and alder for the first two hours. Pulled it at 140 and FTC for another hour. I was a little concerned that it would be to done for my liking but it was perfectly medium rare. I should have gotten some pics of the roast when finished smoking and when I sliced it after the FTC, the slices in the pic are cold leftovers out of the fridge and the other one is after marinating and before smoking. That made for a delicious meal, but the stew made out of the leftover is just over the top. Like I said, if you like lamb you have GOT to try these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Saber 4

I love lamb, my wallet doesn't these days though.