Lazy ribs?

Started by Rad Rich, May 04, 2014, 03:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad Rich

Hey guys I put two nice big slabs of baby backs in 2 hours  ago. Have a nice amount of rub on them. It's only my third time smoking ribs cause I never really have the best of luck with them.  The reason I'm sure is in the title of this post.  I'm lazy when I cook them. Not doing 3-2-1 just have them on the middle two racks. I rotated them once so far. Any tips that might help me out? When to put sauce on , should I ever flip them. I am running nice and hot with 259 on the probe on the bottom rack (door thermo says 215.  Running with no mods.  I know I should be 3-2-1 ing it but just not gonna. Any tips?  Thanks
Now I'm getting another beer, just watched the Blackhawks go up 2-0 in the series. Go hawks
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

Saber 4

I'm of the no foil ribs school of thought, I start mine bone side down in the middle racks for the first 2-3 hours then I flip them meat side down for until the meat is starting pull from the bone, then I flip them back to bone side down until they are done to our taste. I look for the meat to pull back from the bone and I use the skewer test by seeing how easy it slides in between the bones. I do spritz them with apple juice about half way through the first stage and again when I flip them back to meat side up. I know it's not the conventional wisdom but it has always worked for us.

KyNola

Is there any water in that tray in the bottom of your smoker that appears to have a pile of spent pucks in it?  If there isn't you are risking a grease fire.

Rad Rich

They actually turned out pretty good they went almost 4 hours and I did halfway through refill the water bowl with the beer I was very happy I put on a little saucily end and they were yummy

Rad Rich

I did rotate them top to bottom front to back twice during the total cook time and they were really good here's a picture of the finished product

Rad Rich

I did rotate them top to bottom front to back twice during the total cook time and they were really good here's a picture of the finished product