Yabba Dabba Doo -Brontosaurus ribs

Started by RedJada, March 22, 2014, 11:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedJada

Been in NE Ohio for 14 years and never seen a good beef rib. Today, I visited my favorite meat market and they had them. I must have gotten there early because I never seen them there before and the people in front of me were snatching them up. My hart was beating hard then it was my turn. Got to pick out of the last three. Picked this one up and have it resting in the freezer for better weather.

Being from AZ, these are a dime a dozen. Forked out .99 a pound for this baby. Use to cook in oven at 250 for 4 hours then toss on the grill for another hour. Good stuff. Looking for ideas for the Bradley? Should I go with the 3-2-1?

Saber 4

Here's  link to what I did with the last big ones I found. I think the total time was about 5 hours. http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=34460.msg400289#msg400289

SiFumar

RedJada

Just waiting for a "warmer" weekend. ;D ;D ;D

STLstyle

Nice find!  Can't wait to see your results.

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Dano

How did they turn out?  I've been wanting to try beef ribs in the Bradley for a while now.  I've just about perfected my back and side ribs but looking to switch it up to add some beef.  :D
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

RedJada

Probably going to be a week or too. Looks like we may have some warmer temps coming.

RedJada

Today's the day.... Ill be posting photos later once things get going. ;D ;D ;D

tailfeathers

Looking forward to seeing how these come out!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

RedJada

Sorry for the late update. I cooked the beef ribs using the 3-2-1. They came out over cooked/fall off the bone. Next time I might try 2-1-1 But they were melt in your mouth finger licking good.... ;D

It's time.

Out of the box

Fallen off the bone

Saber 4

TedEbear

Fall off the bone?  Sounds perfect.   :)

watchdog56

Dano

I think I'm going to stop off at the local butcher shop on my way home.  :)  Those look de-lish!
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

pondee

Quote from: RedJada on April 21, 2014, 03:16:39 PM
Sorry for the late update. I cooked the beef ribs using the 3-2-1. They came out over cooked/fall off the bone. Next time I might try 2-1-1 But they were melt in your mouth finger licking good.... ;D

It's time.

Out of the box

Fallen off the bone

3-2-1 method, at what temp?  thanks