Get some lovin mushrooms.

Started by TNRockyraccoon, April 09, 2014, 02:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNRockyraccoon

Hello fellow friends and cooks.

This is my recipe for stuffed mushrooms....affectionately named "get some loving mushrooms" because my wife treats me like a king and loves me to death every time I make them. I've always done them on the grill but am planning to smoke the next batch I make.

Ingredients.

15 - 30 washed  mushroom caps. Amount will depend on size of the caps. I typically use the baby bellas and make about 25.
1 can of white crab meat.
1 small tub of onion and chive cream cheese.
1/4 cup of Pepperidge Farm Itailian Bread Crumbs.
Small pack of Pepperonis
Grated cheddar cheese.

Mix the crab meat, cream cheese and bread crumbs until thoroughly blended to create the stuffing.
Use a spoon to fill each cap with the stuffing.
Now cover each cap with one pepperoni and insert a toothpick through it into the mushroom.
Sprinkle each cap with cheddar cheese.

Place stuffed mushrooms in an aluminum foil wrap and seal the foil.

Place on hot grill and heat for 10 - 15 minutes until the pepperoni is crisp and the cheese is melted.

Viola! Pretty simple and delicious either as a side or an appetizer.

I'm going to try smoking them next time.

tailfeathers

Hey TNR, I have a tip for you. Instead of toothpicks to hold things together use pieces of uncooked spaghetti noodles. They cook along with the rest of the food so you have no toothpick to worry about, you just pop the whole thing in your mouth and commence chewin'. Of course there are some applications where the toothpick is also used as a handle so the noodle trick doesn't apply, but I like to grill bacon wrapped marinated duck breasts and it sure is slick for that. No burnt toothpicks to worry about and the noodle holds the bacon long enough to "set" in place and not come unwrapped.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

GusRobin

Sounds good. Thanks for the recipe. Have a question on the bread crumbs - is that 1/4 box or cup?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Ka Honu

Uh, don't know about you but it screams, "WRAP ME IN BACON!!" to me.

TNRockyraccoon

That's a 1/4 cup Gus. Thanks for pointing that out.

We typically use the toothpicks as handles TF.....but, the spaghetti sounds like a great idea if we add some bacon wraps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tailfeathers

Am I losing it, or did the pic get added to the post after my reply? Just got home from the hospital after (another) knee surgery so the meds might be messing with me, 'cause I sure don't remember the pic from before!

ragweed

Very nice, Rocky!  I do much the same except I use Chorizo (browned loose-meat) mixed with the cream cheese then topped with smoked parmesan. 

TNRockyraccoon

Quote from: tailfeathers on April 09, 2014, 05:21:54 PM
Am I losing it, or did the pic get added to the post after my reply?

You're not losing it my friend. I added the pic after they finished cooking and before they were all gone.  ;)

tailfeathers