Hello from Colorado

Started by hawki, April 22, 2014, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawki

I am about to purchase a Bradley 6 rack smoker.
Question:  I want to use it indoors at a restaurant. I understand I can vent it out thru my roof vent as long as I use a exhaust fan inline.
Where do I get this kit to vent the smoke out my roof vent. Roof vent is double wall.

Thanks for your help.

TedEbear

Hi and welcome aboard.  I think most people who have a vent to direct the smoke to the outside just use a pipe with nothing that actually forces the smoke through it.  You wouldn't want something to be pulling smoke out of the cooking chamber, which would also pull the heat out of it, too.

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: TedEbear on April 23, 2014, 04:47:05 AM
Hi and welcome aboard.  I think most people who have a vent to direct the smoke to the outside just use a pipe with nothing that actually forces the smoke through it.  You wouldn't want something to be pulling smoke out of the cooking chamber, which would also pull the heat out of it, too.

Convection will create ample draft to vent the smoke. As Ted says, a positive connection(sealed connection from source to exhaust) powered by a fan will suck all of the heat out of the smoker.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Saber 4

I have seen them in use in commercial kitchens on Food Network shows and they looked like they just had them under their commercial hood systems with no additional piping. I'm not sure how much draw they have on the smoke in the cabinet at the height they were set at though.