PMs

Started by Oldman, June 27, 2006, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I just noticed a PM from several days back. I've posted this before: I don't do PMs. If someone has a question or a suggestion or just wants to bitch at me do it in public. I do not reply to PMs.

The reason is that coming from a gaming world I learned very quickly that at times PMs cause bad blood and hurt feelings.

Please do not take offense concerning this matter.
Thank you~~!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

whitetailfan

Olds,
Just curious...how do PM's show up for you?  I have never received one.  Do you click on the messages tab here on the forum and then see one?  Or do you get e-mail notification and then have to do the same?  Or do you get the message sent directly to your e-mail address?

Reason I ask is I sent you an e-mail a few days ago about my Tuesday chat trouble, and you have not answered.  Wondering if my memo is what you are referring to.  However...I did not PM you, I looked up your addy on your profile here, then went into my e-mail program and typed in your address.  Should not be mistakable (real word?? sp??) should have looked like an e-mail not PM.

Just curious?
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Oldman

WTF,

Strange I don't remember seeing a E-mail from you. Sometimes if someone sends me something and I don't who it is I just delete it as I get a ton of spam everyday. 

I've noticed when I check the chat that it slow in connecting.  What do you see when you try to logon? While this should not make a difference go ahead and log on to the recipe site before you try to join.

You will know if you have a PM "My Messages" as there with be a number next to it telling just how many PMs you have.

Let me know about the chat.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

whitetailfan

When I go to the chat area, I just get the little red X in a box symbol.  There is no area for me to log on.  I think I tried logging onto your sight first once but no help.

You mentioned that I need java.  I did some web searching but cant find a file to download.  I did a full hard drive re-format two weeks ago and installed winxp, as I was running 98 and my new GPS has software that requires xp on it.  Therefore I have lost all the little baby files and add-ons you pick up over the years and not knowing you needed them or even had them.

Stuff just used to work, and now it just does not work ???
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Oldman

Try this:

I.E. > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > place check in box next to "JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled"--restart computer.

QuoteTherefore I have lost all the little baby files and add-ons you pick up over the years and not knowing you needed them or even had them.

Don't worry about that. Most of those addons for 98 don't work on XP.

Oldman

OK I just talked with Cyber Dude.

This is the deal. In the earlier XP OS Microsoft was bundling in "Sun's Java Runtime Environment" software. Well Sun took Mirco to court and the now the later XP's do not have Java included.

So download this: The Java Runtime Environment .

This should bring you up to speed. If not let us know.

Olds

whitetailfan

Olds,
I got a chance to DL that link last night.  BINGO :o  Able to log on again.  Last night I was in the room...all alone...it was quiet...and creepy...and then I remembered everyone was watching fireworks 8)  ;D

Oldman

WTF,
I'm glad it worked out.
Olds