Stuffed bacon wrapped jalpenos

Started by smokerbush06, May 01, 2014, 12:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokerbush06

Has anyone smoked stuffed jalpenos? If so how long did it take? I plan on smoking for an hour with bacon wrapped, and grilling the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedEbear

Do you mean ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds)?  Yes, here's the recipe on the Bradley user recipe website.

Atomic Buffalo Turd

Salmonsmoker

Smokerbush,
The great thing about ABT's is you can use any filling that you can invent. I've food processed a mixture of smoked salmon/cream cheese-excellent, a big crowd pleaser is cream cheese mixed with fresh chopped cilantro and chives, smoked cheese, yada, yada.....I also parboil the peppers for 2 min. in boiling H2O, then dunk in ice water bath to stop the cooking. Two reasons for that - #1 the peppers and bacon are both done cooking at the same time, #2 parboiling takes out some of the heat even though most was removed by taking out the seeds and white veins.(I'm a spice weenie)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Caneyscud

Oh yeh!  Luv em - I have a friend that calls them Mexican Okra.  Don't know why though!  I like both of salmonsmokers suggestions real well.  The universe is almost open for what you want in them. 
I really like Diablos - stuffed with shrimp and cheese.  I've gone doing all whole and capped japs in a rack to halving them and laying them down on a screen.  Most I do are usually some form of cream cheese, cheese, green onion, mushroom and chorizo mixture.  Also like so smoke some catfish filets and mix them with cream cheese, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and your herb mixture of choice and then stuff that into them.  The last couple of batches - I've used the red (ripe) jalapeno - very good!

Also used the following - it almost all works
Any sausage (chopped up).
Ham.
Bacon.
Lil Smokies.
Hamburger.
"Whatever" cooked/smoked meat is in the frig.
Goat cheese
Feta
"Whatever" shredded cheese in in the frig.

No two batches are exactly the same.

Tofu and pineapple have never made it into the japs though!  There is a limit to the madness. 

An interesting twist is to wrap in some sort of salami (have to cook the jap some first or over do the salami) or do an armadillo egg (wrap in breakfast sausage).  I've also wrapped them in sliced pork loin and sliced chicken breast - both tasty options. 

The girls seem to like them more if I glaze them at the end with some sort of sweet sauce - they seem to like the sweet hot more than I do. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"