Big Bob Gibson's White BBQ Sauce

Started by waycoolcat, May 18, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveT261

Thank you. I'll let you know how I like it.

DaveT261

The white sauce was fantastic, although I probably smoked 20 mins too long, On Chicken I usually do 1 hr 40 min but I did 2 hrs since I did 2 chickens.  My wife said it was the best tasting dipping sauce she ever tasted and I agree with her.  Again thanks for all your help.

Tenpoint5

You use the regular or the kicked up version?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

waycoolcat

I want to be a better carnivore!

DaveT261

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 07, 2014, 03:54:14 PM
You use the regular or the kicked up version?

Kicked up version.  I had them on the smoker for 3 hrs/20 min. put them on the grill to stiffen up the skin, let them rest for about 1/2 hr.  As soon as I cut them into manageable pieces for dipping, the juices actually squirted out of the pan and onto the counter.  It was by far the juiciest piece of breast meat I ever had, and they were not put in a brine.  I am not big on bbq sauce on chicken but that white sauce is a keeper. 

DaveT261

One more thing, you are right about the white sauce being runny.  I had it all over my shirt by the time I got done eating it but it was well worth it.  If I had to describe it I'd have to say I looked like a baby eating in a high chair.

Pachanga

I have used this recipe many times with minor variations.  The white sauce is worth trying.

I hit it with a short high heat on the grill to set it just before serving.

Pachanga