slow cooker after smoking back ribs

Started by HugeStapedius, May 19, 2014, 05:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HugeStapedius

So i havent ben inpressed with my ribs off the bradley. Ive used 321 and slightly modified recipes. Meat is always very tasty but somewhat dry and never fall off the bone tender.  Before smoking i always crock potted my ribs in rootbeer or cola for 6-8 hrs.  How can i get the ribs from the bradley this tender? Decrease the smoke time and increase the foiltime  or amount of juice i add? Could i smoke for a couple hours then slow cook in rootbeer to make tender  then bake the sauce on after as normal.  Will this mess the texture up?

KyNola

If you want fall off the bone ribs, decrease the smoke time, increase the foil time and increase the liquid in the foil.  That should make your ribs more to your liking.

I was going to resist the urge to comment on the remainder of your post because they're your ribs and if you like them that way, then you should cook them in any manner you want but I will tell you this much.  If you crockpot ribs for 6-8 hours prior to trying to smoke them, your ribs are already done.

Certainly you can smoke your ribs and throw them in a slow cooker if that is how you want to cook them.

HugeStapedius

Yeah i meant smoke first then crock pot to get tender.  Be hard tp smoke em after 6-8 in the slowcookeras they fall apart. Lol  my op was worded badly i meant before i got my smoker id crockpot em

TedEbear

You might experiment with numbers on the 3-2-1 method.  For instance, try 2-3-1 or even 2-3-.5 to keep them sealed in the foil longer and thus they should be more tender.

Caneyscud

Kynola said it very well!  Ribs are like wine - If you like the wine, then it is good wine no matter what you paid or how dry, big and tannic it is!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"