Bacon Wrapped Coca Cola Chicken

Started by waycoolcat, May 22, 2014, 04:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waycoolcat

I marinaded these boneless skinless breasts in Coca Cola, onion and garlic over night. Then I put on a rub, wrapped them in bacon and smoked them for 1 1/2 hours at 275*. I finished them off under the oven broiler on high to crisp the bacon. I plated them with a Gratinee of Swiss Chard and some glazed baby carrots.
I want to be a better carnivore!

KyNola

Just curious, with the chicken being in the Coca Cola overnight did you notice a difference in the texture of the meat given the acid in the cola?

The finished product looks very good.

waycoolcat

The very outside texture of the skinless breasts had the rub and the smoke that you'd expect with BBQ. Only 1/16" under it was perfectly cooked, juicy white meat. I didn't take any pictures last night of one cut open. I just went to the refrigerator and pulled out one that was left over and took a pic. The juices are all "set" in the meat since its cold now.
I want to be a better carnivore!

Saber 4

That looks very good, like KyNola was thinking I was imagining an overnight in Coke would have turned it to mush (since it will dissolve a tooth) so it's good to know this will work. I'd bet it would be great with a Dr Pepper soak.

tailfeathers

Nice! That's a great looking plate that is! ;D
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!