Trail cam pic - turkeys

Started by WoodlawnSmoker, May 24, 2014, 04:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlawnSmoker

I was checking some old trail cam pics of our back yard.  I wish I had have seen these guys live, would love to pop one in the smoker.  But I'm amazed at the amount of snow we had less than two months ago, nice and green now.  Damn would these guys have tasted good smoked low and slow.

Saber 4

You are so right about how good those guy's would have been brined and smoked in the Bradley.

WoodlawnSmoker

Well this fella visited us last week, you never know what's walking around your property in the middle of the night.  Looks like a big 'un, are bears good smoked?

KyNola

That's no bear, that Sasquatch! ;D

Salmonsmoker

Looks like he's waiting for the bus.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Orion

Old thread but boy you're right... one of those turkeys would be great.

Bear meat is somewhat dependant on what they have been eating. If one was hanging around a dump or feeding on spawning fish you might have trouble even gutting it. However, if it has been feeding on fruit, berries, grass, corn etc it makes for some of the best hams you could imagine. Froend of mine got called to help an orchardist out with a black bear that had been feeding on plums and peaches for two weeks. He was breaking fruit tree branches and damaging the trees. Friend dispatched him and had the four quarters brined and cured. Some of the best meat I've ever had.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.