Kids B-day Party!

Started by wkahler, June 06, 2014, 04:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkahler

Well going to get a bounce house and smoke some shoulder for pulled pork for the party on Sunday!  Its been a while since posting but moved and also been doing some traveling for work!   Hope i can whip it out again and have success LOL!! Just going to do Hickory and some seasoning salt on the outside and then maybe some homemade BBQ sauce for the serving side of it!! About time to buy another pig through the 4-H kids so need to get to eating some pork!!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

beefmann

sounds like it  will be fun, plan for a long smoke, Depending on the amount of meat  it can be easily 18 + hours... as a  rule of thumb  1 hr to 1 hr 30 min per lb though do go by temperature over  time, take the  temp to 190- 200 and do a fork test  to see how  easy it pulls.

have fun and good luck

Dano

Great idea!  I'm actually smoking out 2 brisket's for my boy's 2nd birthday(he and I share the same birth date!) so I'm considering the brisket a present to myself.   He loves his brisket and pork back ribs off the bone.  :)
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

wkahler

No problem i have done 6 butts at at time before just have to rotate them and keep an eye on them. I normally allow way to much time but it would rather do that then not have it done in time. All else fails we FTC them until the party LOL!

Tenpoint5

Sounds like a good plan Bill. Only suggestion I have is make sure you have EXTRA long stakes for the bounce house!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wkahler

LOL I know i told my wife "are we sure about this" and we live out in a pretty open area so it might be a little rough if the wind picks up!! 

wkahler

I put on at 9PM last night and checked it at 7 and I'm at 160 with plenty of time to spare!  I just hoping the rain holds off now!!!