newbie first time smoker

Started by sseems, June 21, 2014, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sseems

just need some genral first time info. I have two pork roasts one is 2.82 oz and the other is 2.51 oz. what would you guys rec. and about how long to cook them for?

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  What kind of roasts?  Loin, shoulder or sirloin?  Check out susanminor.org for great recipes and tips from forum members.  Keep your top vent open, cook low and slow and we like pictures!!

beefmann

Salt and pepper to taste, if you  have a  favourite rub use it, considering you  would be around 5 lbs of  meat i would smoke for 2 to 3 hours with oak at a box temp of 225 f... till an internal temp of 145 - 150 f

keep top vent  wide  open

TedEbear

Quote from: sseems on June 21, 2014, 08:19:29 PM
I have two pork roasts one is 2.82 oz and the other is 2.51 oz.

Quote from: beefmann on June 22, 2014, 06:19:12 AM
considering you  would be around 5 lbs of  meat

Look at it again.  He said 2.82 oz and 2.51 oz, not lbs.  Those are going to take 10 minutes to cook.   ;D

sseems

Thxs for the help i will let you know how it turns out tomorrow. sorry it was lbs not oz. My bad thxs from Wyoming

TedEbear

Quote from: sseems on June 22, 2014, 07:03:16 PM
Thxs for the help i will let you know how it turns out tomorrow. sorry it was lbs not oz. My bad thxs from Wyoming

Just messin' with ya - I figured it was lbs.   ;)  Hope it turns out well.

Wyoming, eh?  I pedaled over those Big Horn Mountains you have up there (Rt. 14A) several times.  What an exhilarating adventure!