Bisquettes Ejecting Too Fast

Started by JimRhino, May 31, 2014, 10:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimRhino

Hello from Southern Illinois!

After receiving my Original Bradley in October of 2012, I have only had the opportunity to use it about 6 times; so I may be doing something wrong. Anyway, I took the smoker out of winter hibernation today, loaded the chute completely to the top with bisquettes, turned it on to get heat up and went inside to prep the pork loin roasts. Upon returning to the smoker, about 1/2 an hour later, the bisquette 'feeder' had cycled through the entire chute of bisquettes. What went wrong?

Any advice, suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!

JimRhino
Carpe Que,
Jim Rhino

Original Bradley Smoker, Good-One Chuckwagon, ProQ Smoker/Grill, Weber Gasser, Weber Kettle

Wildcat

I am electronically challenged but my first course of action would be to check an make sure the puck advance button is not stuck. You can also try turning it upside down and give a couple of good shakes. Could be some wood might be causing interference. Others need to advise you further on this if it is still doing it.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

JimRhino

I'll give it a try, thanks! Will have to wait until maybe tomorrow though...still cooking in it for a few more hours.  :)
Carpe Que,
Jim Rhino

Original Bradley Smoker, Good-One Chuckwagon, ProQ Smoker/Grill, Weber Gasser, Weber Kettle

TedEbear

On another note, why are you using so much smoke?  If you loaded pucks to the top of the chute that's WAY more smoke than what most people apply.  As the meat cooks it doesn't absorb near as much smoke toward the end.  3-4 hours worth of smoke seems to be the norm and then just cooking it for the rest of the time.

Just trying to save you some money on pucks.

JimRhino

I've got it dialed in on my charcoal/wood burner, but I guess I'm still trying to get the hang of the bisquette system. 12 pucks filled it up. I was figuring that would last about 4 hours. For the amount and size of the roasts, I figured that would be about right. LOL...as it turned out, those 12 pucks only lasted a few minutes before landing in the pan o' water and disintegrating. I was using the Maple this time...figured that would be a mild flavor too. 
Carpe Que,
Jim Rhino

TedEbear

Yes, 12 pucks should yield 4 hours of smoke (20 minutes each).  I know my stacker holds more than that and the way I erad your comment it seemed that you had stacked it all the way to the top.

Here's a troubleshooting guide on fixing a stuck puck advance:  Why are the bisquettes continuously feeding, and just being dumped into the water bowl?