E1 Error Circuit Connection testing

Started by thekarp, May 14, 2014, 06:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekarp

Hey group, 

I have a question about the E1 error I am getting.  I have been reading online all about this error and how you have gotten your smokers working again but nothing I have tried have worked.

I have now pulled out my Omh reader to make sure a connection is made at all locations.  When I plug in the sensor cable t the back of the smoker generator I get a reading from the cable so I know I have a completed circuit.  But when I plug into the connection on the back of the cabinet I get no connection reading.  I then plugged the cable into the generator and unattached the temp sensor and measured a connection on the plug without the Temp sensor attached.    If I check just the temp sensor I get no connection reading. 

Want I want to confirm is that I should be getting a connection reading on the temp sensor and that if I am not, that is my problem and I need to order a new Temp Sensor from Bradley.

Long winded but hopefully it all made sense.

Thanks and really enjoy this forum.  Been getting lots of good smoking ideas.

Saber 4

I'm no electrician, I would just say call customer support in the morning and describe what you did here and they will now what you need to do.

tailfeathers

Can't help you with your question 'cuz I haven't got a clue, just wanted to say welcome to the forums. It's too bad it took a problem to drag you in, but now that you are here, enjoy!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

KyNola

This is the first time I have ever heard of the E1 error directly attributed to the temp sensor itself.  Typically it is the thin sensor cord that runs between the generator and the tower not seating properly at either the generator or the tower.

I'm not saying the temp sensor is not your problem, just saying this is the first time I have heard it.

Habanero Smoker

It's early in the morning so I can't quite understand how you are testing the sensor cable connections. :)

Have you checked the continuity of both poles of the senor cable to see if you may have a break in one of the wires?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

When the cable is plugged into the sensor and you check on the unplugged end you should get a reading but the reading will vary depending on what the temperature is inside the smoker. Around 70F it should read around 100 ohms. You need to make sure the cable is good first by checking from one end to the other on both wires. Once you are sure the cable is good you need to make sure it is seated good or you will not get a reading and it will look like the sensor is bad.

thekarp

Just an update on my E1 error.

I contacted Bradley and ordered all the parts for the E1 error (cable, 2 plugs and temp sensor).  Once I got the order I tested the new temp sensor and sure enough I got a small reading.  I hooked it up with the smoke generator using the new temp sensor and the other old parts and no E1 error.  So it was just the my temp sensor had gone bad.

All back together now and ready to start smoking again.

Thanks for posts regarding this error.  So others out there if you experience the E1 error don't forget to check the temp sensor as well.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the feedback, that information will definitely help others.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)