BRATWURST & CHORIZO

Started by ratherbboating, August 14, 2014, 09:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratherbboating

Made Chorizo Sonorense (from Poli's site) and Wisconsin Style Brat (also from Poli's site).
Made 6lbs of chorizo and 10 lbs of brat's.  This time around I did have a higher fat content (pig fat) than I have used before.  The chorizo needs the higher fat content.

And for the taste test this morning on the chorizo, some in the eggs and a patty on the side.

It passed mine and the wife's review.  We mostly eat this in our eggs and tacos.
I will note on the eggs, grown here on the farm.  And on the goat's milk cream cheese, made here on the farm.  And the milk, goat's, milked here on the farm.  Nearly forgot, the pig, grown here on the farm.  HEY! if I don't ring my own bell, nobody else will.  :D

The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

cobra6223

Now that's cool and breakfast looks good also

WoodlawnSmoker

Looks great, everything being fresh and homemade is a huge bonus!

blokie

Have you got the link to poli's website.

ratherbboating

Just Google "Poli sausage"  and it will show up.
He has lots of sausage recipes on his site.  I have tried a few, most I like.
I should have added.  If you read this forum, you will also find lots of good recipes.  Look in the past posts.  And you can search here if you are looking for one by name.  Take time to look around, lots of interesting things here to look at.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child