• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoking newbie here..

Started by WARREN64, August 09, 2014, 06:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WARREN64

Newb here from Kentucky.  Just purchased my first Bradley used.. While searching for recipes i found this site. After lurking around a bit this seems to be a great forum. Can't wait to fire this thing up and get to work..  ;D

waycoolcat

Welcome from PA. Ask lots of questions and share what you learn later.
I want to be a better carnivore!

tskeeter

Welcome to the forum from NW NV.

For a treasure trove of recipes, check out Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes at www.susanminor.org.  This is the site where recipes from the forum's most experienced smokers are stored.  These detailed recipes and their great instructions gave me the courage to try things like making my own Canadian Bacon (easy peazy, by the way).

Also, don't be shy about asking questions on this forum.  The folks here are very willing to troubleshoot, give advice, and turn you into your neighborhood's resident smokehouse hero. 

Gafala

One real biggie keep your vent open.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

KyNola

Greetings from Paducah KY.  Let us know if we can assist.

pensrock

TedEbear

Welcome aboard from St. Louis.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts (I think the new name is Boston roast) are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

seb bot

Welcome from up north, eh ;D

Hope you enjoy your new to you smoker!

dman4505

welcome from western Iowa
lots of great info here and if you ever need help with anything just ask everyone is very helpful

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.