New from Saskatchewan

Started by rjm240, August 20, 2014, 10:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjm240

Bought a 4 rack original bradley smoker earlier this summer and have been lurking on this site reading and using all the helpful tips and experiences.  So far I've done ribs, backs and sides and also different beef roasts and rib steaks.  Brisket was awesome, round was a bit tough, but really was better the days after.  Steaks were probably the best of all, cold smoked with whisky oak and grilled to a nice medium rare.

Thought I'd finally post something to thank everyone for posting their ideas and techniques.

Jans rub was probably one of my best pick ups from here so far.

Many different ideas to try still, I'll post some pics or details of anything that turns out pretty  ;D

Cheers!
Rob

beefmann

welcome aboard

on the round try it at a lower  internal  temp. or smoke it  for  no  more then  4 hours  then  wrap it in foil  with some apple  juice  or  cider.. and  let  it  steam for a couple of  hours  then  eat,,,

hope this  helps

tailfeathers

Welcome from South Dakota, glad you came out of the woodwork!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

tskeeter

Rob, just wait until you try something like one of the Canadian Bacon recipes from Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes at www.susanminor.org.  This site is the location for recipes from some of this forums most experienced smokers.