Who is stepping up?

Started by Pistol Pete, September 11, 2014, 02:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistol Pete

I have been "called out" by at least one of you. I am ready! I got the digital 6 rack, I got the alder, hickory, cherry, apple bisquettes, I got the Q-MATZ rack liners, I got the trio of Bubba Pucks, I got the heavy duty aluminum foil, I got the apple juice, I got the liquid Parkay, I got the Angus 6 pound (that's 2.7 KG Canadian) brisket.....  I am looking for Mr. Miyagi.   Saturday night.  To serve to my daughter Sunday.  If you have a daughter, you understand

pensrock

There will be a very happy daughter at that meal.  :)

ragweed

Good luck, PP!  I'll be awaiting the details of the results.  Pics too?  You'll do fine, but I am certain at least one thing will not go according to plan (If you're anything like me)  But not to worry.  Low and slow, top vent open and patience.  The brisket will be great!

Pistol Pete

I was told to prepare every 4 ounces of meat needs 12 ounces of beer.  That would be avoirdupois verses fluid. (People from Quebec will get the joke...BC....maybe not)  The 6 pound piece I have is a nicely trimmed (1/4 inch ) Angus flat.  My real problem is I traveled almost every week for the last 20 years.  I remember the brisket from the Mt Zion Baptist Church in Huntsville  (Home of Sam Houston Univ and 6 prisons)  and Bob's in south San Antonio (have somebody keep an eye on your car). I know these guys have been smokin' for longer than most of the forum members have been alive.....but as Donnie Simpson always said, shoot for the moon and if you miss, you are still amongst the stars.  Thanks for the encouragement.

bigboize bbq

Hey I brought the six rack bradly also and I can't seem to get it up to temp am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with my smoker

ragweed

Welcome to the forum BB BBQ.  Before calling Customer Service, try unplugging everything and reconnecting.  Sometimes the plugs don't go all the way in or seat properly.

Habanero Smoker

Hi bigboize bbq;

Welcome to the forum.

The below link may also be of help.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)