Bradley 6 Rack Strikes Out Again...

Started by Maximus1959, August 16, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus1959

Oct 28, 2013- Purchased my first digital 6 rack from Cabela's. Within 2 weeks the digital box stopped working. SMOKER #1

November 2013- Exchanged it at Cabela's. Within 4 weeks the digital box started producing error messages. At 6 weeks the puck feeder stopped working. SMOKER #2

February 2014- Smoked a beef tenderloin for several hours. The heating element caught fire and burned up the inside of the smoker and ruined the beef tenderloin. Bradley read my posts and were kind enough to send me a NEW unit "free of charge". Excellent customer service! SMOKER #3

August 2014- The smoker generator will not heat up to smoke the pucks. This is my 4th malfunctioning smoker, in less than 1 year.

So now I am going to Cabela's to try and find a way to exchange my fourth smoker for a NEW unit. Assuming I get a new unit; I will be on my 5th SMOKER in less than 1 year.

It has been several months since I posted in here. I have been so discouraged, that I have not even used my 4th SMOKER, but 4 times. I tend to buy the best products on the market. Never have I purchased a top of the line product and had this many issues. Major disappointment for the large sum of money I invested.

KyNola

Were all 4 of your smokers plugged into the same outlet each time they stopped working?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a witch hunt or anything like that but 4 new Bradley smokers owned by the same individual crapping out in less than one year tends to make me look for another reason other than Bradley.

Maximus1959

KyNola

watchdog56

Are you using an extension cord? If so what gauge?

Maximus1959

I have used an extension cord when smoking in my garage. I have not used one outside. I plugged it in directly to the outside outlet. I have a new construction home.