Smoker generator problem

Started by outsidepigs, September 23, 2014, 06:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outsidepigs

My generator keeps blowing the fuse. Smoked bacon then a ham then on the second ham the generator blows the fuse. Power light comes on and as soon as I hit the switch the fuse blows. Any ideas? Thanks

beefmann

sounds  like a wire has came  loose and is touching the  case grounding it self,  causing  the  fuse to blow,  What you   need to do is  open the smoke generator  case and look for a  wire that has  came  loose and  is  dangling free  then  re- attach to where it  needs to be.

if that  is  not the  issue then   look around  for any   pinched  or wires that  my have the  insulation damaged...

Habanero Smoker

Hi outsidepigs;

Welcome to the forum.

I see that you posted this in the "Smoke Generator with Adapter". Is this generator used on a homemade smoker? If the tips above do not resolve the issue, you should post what type of system you have setup.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

outsidepigs

Thanks for the help. But did not find any loose or pinched wires. This is on my OBS.

Habanero Smoker

Is this new, and has this problem existed since your first cook? Is your vent at least partially open? If moisture backs up into the generator it can cause it to short out. Make sure the inside of the generator is dry, and there is no debris built up.

There could be a few reasons, but tracking down the cause can be tricky. First make sure you have the correct size fuse. The fuse size should be 10A 250V. If the fuse size is correct, unplug the tower from the generator and then turn on the generator. If the fuse doesn't blow, you know the problem is in the tower. If it blows, it is likely that you have a short, or an overload or incorrect wiring in the generator. Make sure there is no debris that cause a short between terminals. Another possible cause could be a faulty bisquette burner, they have been known to trip GIF's and/or fuses.

If you are still under warranty give Bradley a call.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)