Baked Salmon Cakes with Dill, caper mayo sauce.

Started by Quarlow, October 05, 2014, 03:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I just made these and they are in the fridge waiting to go in the oven. I had to share this cause they are so easy and you can make them ahead and bake them 15 mins. before dinner time. They are also low in calories which is great cause I am using a calorie counting app on my smart phone and have lost 54 lbs. since May.

Baked Salmon Cakes with Dill, Caper mayo sauce

1 can (14-3/4 ounces)salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
1-1/2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
1/2 cup egg substitute
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

SAUCE:
2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon capers, drained
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
Dash lemon juice

Directions
1.In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Place 1/3 cup salmon mixture into eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
2. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutritional Facts:

2 salmon cakes with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 266 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

manfromplaid

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Quarlow

Thanks. I have a long way to go but the app is sure working. The salmon cakes turned out awesome. I did cook them longer than they were supposed to be cooked but it not no negative effect.

OBS
BBQ

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Salmonsmoker

That's great to hear Q. Bet your're feeling better. :)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Quarlow

I am starting to notice the loss. I did have a lot to lose so I didn't really notice for quite a bit of it, but now I am starting to feel it. Thanks to this app. It is called "Lose It" and it is great.

OBS
BBQ

TMB

Bookmarked thanks!!   Kimmie is gonna love this one  ;)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!