One Smoke To...

Started by Orion, December 28, 2014, 09:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

End them all.

If you had to choose one meat, one recipe and one smoke to best showcase your Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker for company of 4 what would it be? What could you pull from the smoker and then plate to most impress your guests in terms of eye appeal, taste and flavour?
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

waycoolcat

Cured and cold smoked salmon, sliced very thin on a platter with garnishes, like the salmon you pay $$$ for 8 ounces in the store, only better.
I want to be a better carnivore!

Habanero Smoker

Top loin is excellent smoked. The below recipe is very good, but if you are not a fan of rosemary, you can substitute other herbs, and even panko bread crumbs.

Smoked Top Loin

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

renoman

5 pound prime rib roast. 4 hours at 175 and 3 hours at 200. Smoke with my own special willow wood that I cut out at the lake for at least 2 hours. Rub that I use is a secret.

KyNola

Bone in pork loin rubbed with your favorite seasoning rub.  Smoking temp 225 using apple wood for 2 hours and continue to cook to an internal temperature of 138F.  Remove from the smoker, tent in foil and let it rest.  Finished temp should be right around 145F. Perfect medium rare with just a hint of pink.

ragweed

Been thinking about this for quite a while, but I think I have to agree with KyNola.  A pork loin roast, cooked low and slow, has always been met with rave reviews.  AND, it's easy to do!  Rub it, garlic olive oil first, let it sit in the frig a few hours or overnight, smoke/cook at 220 - 225* F with a couple 3 hrs of apple smoke 'til an IT of 135* F - ish.  Let it rest, then enjoy.  As to my "go to" rubs, Jan's is great, but Bradley's rub for their "Stuffed Pork Loin Roast" is really good too!

And then my favorite close runner-up is a bone -in turkey breast w/pecan smoke.  I follow Bradley's "Smoked Thanksgiving Turkey" recipe.

Bottom line, whatever you choose will turn out great in your Bradley!