Multiple time / temp settings

Started by darrhal, October 25, 2014, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrhal

Can the Bradley digital smokers be programmed to run at one temp for a given amount of time and then increase to a higher temp; at 160 degrees for 1 hour and then increase up to 250 for an additional 3 hours, as an example?
Live each day for what is not for what it was meant to be

beefmann

Quote from: darrhal on October 25, 2014, 09:55:42 AM
Can the Bradley digital smokers be programmed to run at one temp for a given amount of time and then increase to a higher temp; at 160 degrees for 1 hour and then increase up to 250 for an additional 3 hours, as an example?

while i can not speak for the digital bradleys ...Auber instruments has a " Ramp and Soak P.I.D that will do exactly what you are  looking to  do,,, also  it can do multiple steps... such as 125 F for 1 hour,,,, 150 for 2 hours, 175 for 2 hours 225 F  for 5 hours... not  exactly how many  steps it has  built / programmable steps there is ,,, i think it is  somewhere  between 15 and  20

others will be along to guide you  better

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: darrhal on October 25, 2014, 09:55:42 AM

No they won't do multi step temp. changes. You'd have to set each step manually when the previous time/temp. setting is finished.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Toker

The Auber PID has 6 steps that has 99.9 hous each.

dave01

I think I read where the new Auber's have 8 steps, mine only has 6

Toker

scottlisa.lessing

I have an Auber PID that. I purchased and don't use....email me @[email protected] for more info....I can't attach pic here for some reason....it is an Auber WS ....figure someone might as well use it...Scott

Habanero Smoker

Hi Scott;

Welcome to the forum.

It would be better for you to start a new thread in the Smoker Related Items

To attach a photo you need to upload it to a hosting site, and provide a link in your message. Most of us use Photobucket as a hosting site. The below instructions will walk you through how to set up an account, and post your photo. It also includes some tips on how to organize, and using the "Privacy Setting". If you already have a Photobucket account, skip down the Section #4 on how to post.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)