Need Help!!! With Dual Prob Auber

Started by LanduytG, January 01, 2015, 05:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanduytG

After 2 weeks of curing and resting I'm ready to triple smoke 16# of bacon. While the bacon is out getting to room temp I went to warm up the smoker. I turn on the pid and both screens show -H-. Turned it off and back on the same thing. Both probes are plugged in and my temp is set but can't get rid of the -H-. Looking in the manual and I see nothing about the -H-. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Greg

LanduytG

OK, got it figured out. My pid stays in the smoker house and it was 20 degrees this morning. I happen to hold prob 2 in my hand and right away it flashed low temp alarm and shut off and went back to H. So I held the prob for a minute or so so the heating element would come back on. Then put the probe in the smoker. All is well now and its heating up nicely.

Greg

ragweed

I had the same thing happen one cold morning.  It sure is a nice feeling when you figure it out, isn't it.

tailfeathers

Quote from: ragweed on January 01, 2015, 07:59:09 AM
I had the same thing happen one cold morning.  It sure is a nice feeling when you figure it out, isn't it.
Yup same here. Had a big batch of salmon ready to go and couldn't hear the tower. Took me a while to figure it out but I only have to hold the probe for a couple seconds to get her started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

tailfeathers

Heat the tower. I can't hear it ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

dave01