Mixed nuts!

Started by smokin in Hotlanta!, December 18, 2014, 05:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin in Hotlanta!

First time trying nuts. Found raw cashews, peanuts, almonds, and pecans. Soaked them for 10 mins. Smoking with Apple cuz I forgot to get more mesquite, then I'm going to salt and hit with Worcestershire and a few other seasonings. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TedEbear

Looks tasty.  I'm not a smoked nut expert but the few time I've done them I've always used cheese cloth.  I've seen others on here use it and so I figured the smoke would circulate around the nuts better with it.  Places like Home Depot sell it pretty cheap.

smokin in Hotlanta!

Great idea! I punched holes in the foil but the cheesecloth is definitely better! Thanks TedEbear!

Gafala

Quote from: smokin in Hotlanta! on December 18, 2014, 07:07:24 PM
Great idea! I punched holes in the foil but the cheesecloth is definitely better! Thanks TedEbear!

I only use cheesecloth, I baught a full box from Uline it fits our racks. and easy to cut to use. ;D
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Habanero Smoker

You can also use frogmats, and line the sides of the racks with aluminum foil. I like to stir nuts and other small loose items during the smoking time. When I use to use cheese cloth, items will catch on the cloth when I stir and pull the cheese cloth with it. There is a member who cuts his own mats, in order to fold up the sides and make a basket that fits exactly inside the tray.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tailfeathers

Like this[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

tailfeathers

Order wide QMATZ from a-maze-n and cut them to size, cut a 1" slit in each corner and zip tie. A four foot piece of the wide QMATZ will make six baskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!