Ham for Christmas

Started by GusRobin, December 22, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave01

Thanks for the updates, the ham looks great

oldsmoker

Great looking ham. did you smoke it for 8 hours and what wood did you use. Thanks for the help. Would like to do one for easter.
OLDSMOKER

WoodlawnSmoker

Yup, that's OK!  Got any pics after the glaze?  any more details are appreciated, I've been talking to my butcher about getting me a whole leg, he's excited that I want to smoke one and will get one in any time I want.

As an aside, did you do anything with the leg you cut off?  Just wondering if there's anything worthwhile there or if my dogs will get a fantastic treat.

GusRobin

Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on December 26, 2014, 02:30:34 PM
Yup, that's OK!  Got any pics after the glaze?  any more details are appreciated, I've been talking to my butcher about getting me a whole leg, he's excited that I want to smoke one and will get one in any time I want.

As an aside, did you do anything with the leg you cut off?  Just wondering if there's anything worthwhile there or if my dogs will get a fantastic treat.
Basically followed 10.5's hamzilla recipe in the recipe site.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?799-A-Tenpoint5-Ham-aka-Hamzilla
No pics after the glaze, started eating and forgot.
Cut the leg of, then cut the hock off the leg and put in the freezer for another day. Threw the foot out.
Used hickory. When I have done one using the bradley pucks I smoke for 8 hours. This time I used the amazn smoker tube and did it for 4 hours.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OldHickory

A fantastic and beautiful job.  I can only imagine how good that must taste.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.