bent or normal ?

Started by smokingbear, January 09, 2015, 12:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokingbear

I received a BTDS76P by mail.  The "Digital Smoker Generator" where the "Feeder Tube" connects appears to be bent, not centered.  I am not sure whether this is normal or I need to exchange it.

Habanero Smoker

Hi smokingbear;

Welcome to the forum.

It is not bent, but the feed tube coupling has come out of alignment during shipping. This is usually easily corrected but using a flathead screwdriver and gently prying up the metal housing, but be careful not to bend the metal of the housing. The below link will walk you through it.

Why won't my bisquettes advance automatically ?

There are three pins that hold that feed tube coupling into place. Occasionally the pins are not properly aligned and you may have to take the generator cover off. The below instructions will walk you through removing the generator cover. Don't worry, that will not void your warranty.

How to clean the generator.

More:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

smokingbear

Thank you, that fixed it.  I can't believe this is such a common problem it in the FAQ.  I'm glad to have this resource.  I may take great use of it as I am quite new to this.

Habanero Smoker

I don't believe it is that common. I've only seen it reported a few times on this forum. The link to the FAQ's is not part of the Bradley site, but part of Old's Place, commonly referred to as the Recipe Site. That page started out as an FAQ, but soon morphed into a sort of a trouble shooting page also.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)