adding pictures

Started by just a smokin, January 23, 2015, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a smokin

wondering what i am doing wrong as i can't seem to add any pictures. Can someone please give me a little heads up on how to do this properly .

thanks in advance

dave01

I think we need a little more information, like what have you been trying so far

Orion

Once you know how it's not hard, however learning can be frustrating. Here's what I do:

Google Photobucket and start a free account, pretty simple to do.

Once you have a photobucket account it offers you the option to upload pictures from your computer to your account there. Pictures can be organized into different albums for different subjects. To upload you simply select upload and then select the pictures you want from your computer by opening the pictures and double clicking the ones you want to go to photobucket.

When you have pictures loaded to your photobucket account you left click on the one you want to post and it will open. Once pic is opened you will see four options on the right. Left click once on the lower of four options and it will show as copied. Then open your post on Bradley and simply paste the pic in.

Once you get the hang of it it's quick and easy and you can use this method for just about all forums found on the net.

We definitely need more pics up here to make things more interesting.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

Habanero Smoker

If you are uploading from a computer, as already mentioned you will need to host your pictures on a photo hosting server. Although photo bucket often changes some of their procedures, the below link is a pictorial that will help with you setting up an account, and provides several tips on how to set up folders, and selecting your privacy setting.

How to post photos.

If you are trying to upload directly from a smartphone, you need an app such as Tapatalk.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: just a smokin on January 23, 2015, 09:37:23 AM

wondering what i am doing wrong as i can't seem to add any pictures. Can someone please give me a little heads up on how to do this properly .

1. Upload your pictures to Photobucket.  It is a free site but you have to register.
2. Left click on the picture you want to post on the forum and look for the IMG box to the right of it.
3. Left click anywhere in the IMG box and the contents will automatically be copied onto your clipboard.
4. Paste the contents into a message on here.

Hint:  If you think you'll be using Photobucket for a lot of different pictures it is a good idea to create multiple folders such as Food, Vacation, Hobbies, Cars, etc.  It makes them easier to find later on. If you do this, be sure you upload them to the appropriate folder. I wish I had been more organized when I first started using Photobucket. 

Also, if you want to see that you did it right before actually posting your message you can click on the Preview button at the bottom right of the message you're creating.

just a smokin

hey great thank you guys for all the help here , hope fully i can get this done now pretty soon . ; - )

just a smokin

ha ha another question for everyone , hoe does a person remove pics from the photo bucket ??

Habanero Smoker

There are a couple of ways to do this. First navigate to the folder your photo is stored in. Hover your mouse over the picture you want to delete. A "gear" icon should appear in the top right corner of the picture. Hover your mouse over the "gear" icon and select "Delete", the confirm you want to delete.

If you have a bunch of pictures in the same folder you want to delete, look at the left side of your screen you will see an "Organize" button next to the name of your folder. It should be in the off position. If off; click the button and turn it on. Once you entered the Organizer, use Ctrl-click to select the photos you want deleted. At the bottom of the screen you will see four choices; select "Delete" and confirm you action. When finished click the "Organize" button to off.

Reminder once you delete a photo, it is permanently deleted until you upload it again. Also any links to that photo that you have upload to forums, or sent to others will no longer work.

A lot of information can be found in Photobucket Support. Most of the information there is accurate, but because they revise their site so often, some of their support hasn't been fully update.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)