got new smoker....doing first smoke tonight

Started by shrktank, February 20, 2015, 05:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrktank

Got my Bradley smoker last night. Seasoned it last night.

Went to get pork butt tonight but nœne in store. Think it may be seasonL.

Place smoker on deck which still has some snow on it. Preheated smoker with ice pellets and frozen rain coming down.

Just put ribs on and will let you know how it comes out. Hoping frozen rain and snow holds off!

Thanks for all the pre-purchase information everyone.

Gafala

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

dave01

Have fun and let us know how the ribs turn out

TedEbear

Quote from: shrktank on February 20, 2015, 05:44:17 PM
Just put ribs on and will let you know how it comes out. Hoping frozen rain and snow holds off!

If you just put the ribs on at that time you'll be having a very late dinner when they're all done in about 6 hours.   :)

Let us know how everything turned out. 

shrktank

Well pretty impressed with my first smoke on the Bradley

I placed the FB's in the smoker and went to the basement to build a new Weber gas grill. Figured that would take awhile. Had a maverick probe to watch the temp. Seem to keep a stable temp even with the bad weather here.

My wife was at the hospital with my daughter who is giving birth to a new grandkids.

Ate some of the ribs with my dogs after perhaps 4-5 hours. Decent but let rest of ribs cook little longer.

notice temp went up for some reason near end of cook. Cooked a total of about 5 to 5 1/2 hours.

Grandchild born at 3:10.  Wife came home this morning and I had her try the ribs. We married me. Know this is the critical test.

She liked them and ate them cold.

Lookmg forward to more smokes where I can focus more on the details of the smoke.

Overall love my new smoker, grill and grandchild