Digital display doing a dance.

Started by The Kosher Pig, June 03, 2015, 08:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kosher Pig

Shalom Y'ALL
Long time smoker, first time poster.

I am experiencing a new problem with my Bradley smoker and was hoping someone knows the fix.

The temperature reading on my smokers digital display will change ever 2 seconds.  These jumps will go up or down in value and the range can be anywhere from 1 degree to 20 degrees.  As an example during the last time i tried to smoke the display, over the course of 10 seconds, jumped from 170 to 174 to 160 to 180 to 199.  It seems to pre heat to about 150 and then the jumping starts.  The bigger problem is that due to this jumping, the heating element never turns off.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Habanero Smoker

Hi The Kosher Pig;

Welcome to the forum.

I've never seen that problem posted on the board. With the digital it could be almost anything on that circuit board, and this one may be best solved calling Bradley.

The only thing I can think of is to double check and make sure your sensor cable is securely connected, and check for any cracks or breaks in the cable. Check the male and female connectors of the sensor cable. They may have gotten dirty, or have some built up corrosion on them. If dirty clean them with an electrical contact cleaner. If that doesn't seem to be the problem; the problem could be cause by a bad temperature sensor. Some digital owners will clean the heat sensor that is inside the cabinet. You may also want to check inside the generator, to see if there is any corrosion, or debris built up.

Below is a link to many tips, and trouble shooting:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Grouperman941

My PID has done that when probes have gone bad.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Rodsmachineshop

sounds like you got a bad sensor or bad connection on pid