Jack Daniels Pork Rub

Started by tyweb69, April 01, 2016, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyweb69

I have used it on ribs and its not that bad at all.  I ran of of Jan's rub so tried one slab with it, would definitely use it again.  Have any of you tried it?  Thoughts?

slowpoke

I personally use Slowpokes 15 spice rub for everything ribs,poke and chicken turkey.Hard to beat.LOL
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

watchdog56

I usually use Jan's rub for everything but my Son-in-law told me about Famous Daves rib rub. It is pretty good,especially on pork chops.

Johnny

Quote from: watchdog56 on January 16, 2017, 07:27:35 AM
I usually use Jan's rub for everything but my Son-in-law told me about Famous Daves rib rub. It is pretty good,especially on pork chops.
Watchdog, when prepping steaks for the bbq would you put the rub on the night before?

watchdog56

Well that would not hurt but you can also put it on a few hours before and it will still come out good. As far as pork butt, ribs or brisket I would definitely put on the night before. Sorry for the delay I was not on the site.

Johnny

Quote from: watchdog56 on February 13, 2017, 08:34:07 AM
Well that would not hurt but you can also put it on a few hours before and it will still come out good. As far as pork butt, ribs or brisket I would definitely put on the night before. Sorry for the delay I was not on the site.
Not a problem, I tried it on pork chops and prime rib . I would say I had it on for about 5 hours. Pork chops were awesome but I found the steak a little salty. Maybe I used a tad too much.