Gafala

First run we got 10 jars

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Salmonsmoker

Those are awesome gifts Gafala! They say so much more than something store bought!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Shuswap

Awesome and quick work too!

cathouse willy

I have an underused dehydrator and love the taste of dried onions.Could you share enough details to get a guy started at this without giving away the family recipe?

Gafala

I buy my salt from SF Salt in California they are on the web, I use Pacific Course Salt, I cut the onion in rings about 1/4 inch and dehydrate till dry, then I grind in a large coffee mill till I have a fine powder and mix to taste with the salt, labels and jars I get of the web, hope this helps. Right now I'm using a Mr Coffee dehydrator and it take about 12 hours per run.

Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

cathouse willy

Thanks for posting this.I picked up a few Walla Wallas today and I'm going to try this in a small batch to start
Bill

Wildcat

Here on the other coast we get Vadalia Onions. Very sweet. May give this a try one day but I prefer to just make onion powder. I assume you do not need preservatives.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gafala

Your right No preservatives.
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"