1st time pulled pork.

Started by tkenney, September 12, 2015, 10:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkenney

I have had my Bradley Digital 4 rack smoker for about five years now, but have never done pulled pork and have a couple of questions. I picked up a 3 lb . "Blade Boston Butt Roast"  I know this is a small piece of meat but it will only be me and the wife.

I think it will take about 5-6 hours????

Smoke for 2 hours  then finish without smoke to internal temp of 190 degrees????

Should I cover or wrap in foil last couple of hours??

Smoke at a  230 degrees the whole time???

Could I do a single rack of ribs at the same time???

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

manfromplaid

this would be a smaller roast then i am used to doing. when i do a pulled pork i like to use a lower heat closer to 205 and bring the meat up to the 190 range then fork test.slide in and twist easily. hour and a half per pound is about what you plan for give or take the pigs preferance to finish. if you want to do some ribs go ahead but go for the higher heat and plan for less time to finish the roast. 2-3 hrs of smoke will work. different ribs take different times so plan acordingly.

beefmann

yes you  can  do ribs at  the  same time,,, just allow for  a  longer  cook time... id stay at  the  220 to  225 range... then wrap the  ribs and boston  butt in  foil  with  some apple  juice continue to  cook till  both are  in  the  190 to  200 f range,, and   tender,,, some times the  meat is  not ready to be  pulled at   190 F,, it is  ready  when it is  ready,,, also  check it in  many  places,,

good  luck and  best  wishes