Have not bought smoker yet, but I am looking to VERY soon.

Started by Jareski, September 27, 2015, 09:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jareski

I'm looking at the 4 rack digital model. Just waiting for a sale. Haha. I had a charcoal smoker, used it once and never again. I had to babysit it all day. I am hoping I get more use out of this one.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

tskeeter

Bought a Bradley for just that reason.  Pretty close to set it and forget it.

Jareski

I am very excited to start smoking cheese. What sort of cheese do folks recommend smoking?

Bear1968

It is all good. :) My favorite that I smoke would probably be Horseradish Cheese I get here locally..... but hey that's just me :)
UBC Local 268

beefmann

welcome aboard,

in my opinion a bradley smoker is as close to set it and  forget it as possible if properly used and  cleaned,,,  meaning that the drip tray is in  place,,, not  over loaded with meat ... top  vent  open.

have  owned  mine for  9 years now with   minor problems,,, door seal tore, ( from usage ) and the motor and  micro switch  went out ... again  from usage.. other then that have  had no   issues

remember that a  smoker is a  slow  cooker,, and  needs to be  used like  one,, it can take 20  plus hours  to  cook a  hunk of meat,,, be patient 

Jareski

I've been watching every video on youtube that has to do with reviews, in-depth looks and recipes. I'm basically as close to owning one as a person can possibly be without owning one.

A beef tenderloin might be my first attempt. That or burgers.

tskeeter

Quote from: Jareski on September 27, 2015, 02:19:25 PM
I am very excited to start smoking cheese. What sort of cheese do folks recommend smoking?

The favorite around our place is Gouda.  Also smoke a lot of sharp cheddar.  Haven't smoked a lot of other cheeses that sound interesting.  String cheese, brie, horseradish ...