Thoughts on my next smoker

Started by thepro8, November 20, 2015, 12:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepro8

So after 10 years I have to replace my Bradley 4-rack digital. I just recently picked up an 18" weber smokey Mountain, but I still want an electric for lots of things. the downside i have with Bradley was it seemed underpowered. So here is what i'm thinking.

Buy a new bradley 6-rack digital, do the dual heating element mod, add a dual probe PID, and possibly add a convection fan. Total cost should be about $600 Thoughts?

beefmann

here is one to consider,,, its wide and i believe that it is wide enough to do full racks of ribs and large briskets,,, plus it is  electric

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cajun-Injector-Extra-Large-Double-door-Electric-Smoker/45184349

Habanero Smoker

Bradley now makes a 6 rack original. If you are looking for space and plan to buy a PID, the 6 rack original will save you a couple of hundred.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

thepro8

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on November 20, 2015, 12:54:25 PM
Bradley now makes a 6 rack original. If you are looking for space and plan to buy a PID, the 6 rack original will save you a couple of hundred.

They do? DO you know the model #? I see one exclusive to Cabelas, but it's the same price as the 6-rack digital $400.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: thepro8 on November 20, 2015, 01:04:21 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on November 20, 2015, 12:54:25 PM

They do? DO you know the model #? I see one exclusive to Cabelas, but it's the same price as the 6-rack digital $400.

I thought the original 6 rack was cheaper. I've only took a quick look at it, and thought it was less expensive than the digital.

The WSM is a good cooker. You will produce a lot good barbeque with it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

This is a Canadian site, so the price are CAD$ http://www.cabelas.ca/product/78016/bradley-original-xlt-6-rack-smoker I have one and i love it.