Rib

Started by Clickclack, October 09, 2017, 11:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clickclack

Rob temp wasn't over 200 for first hour, my guess ribs were thawed by not room temp
Now up to 225
Any kind of time should I add to my cooking?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Clickclack;

Welcome to the forum.

Timing depends on many factors. The main ones you should be concerned about is how large a load you have, what type or ribs you are smoking/cooking, and do you want them fall off or bite off the bone.

The larger the load the more time it will take for you cabinet reach your set temperature. Once you reach you set temperature, don't open the door unnecessarily. Each time you open the door you loose heat, and it takes time for the cabinet temperature to recover; thus adding to your cook time.

For spareribs many use the 3-2-1 method as a guideline. This means, cooking at a temperature of 225° cook for 3 hours with smoke; then foil and continue to cook for 2 hours, unfoil and cook for another hour, add sauce at this time if you wish. This is a guideline, and you may find that less or more foil time may be needed. If you don't foil, you may be looking at an additional 1 - 2 additional hours. Baby backs (loin ribs) take less time to cook, so you may want to cut down on the time you have them foiled.

Below is a link to how many members cook their ribs in the Bradley. It is titled "How to make ribs in a Bradley Pictorial"; but due to Photobucket restriction on third party links, the photos are no longer there

How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on October 09, 2017, 01:28:27 PM

Below is a link to how many members cook their ribs in the Bradley. It is titled "How to make ribs in a Bradley Pictorial"; but due to Photobucket restriction on third party links, the photos are no longer there

How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Well, they are if they follow the advice in the thread started by Gus.

recover your photobucket photos