Puck not always advancing onto burner plate

Started by Lionman2, January 19, 2016, 02:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionman2

Hello,

Recently purchased a digital 4 rack smoker, and used it a few times. nearly every time at some point during the process a puck will "hang up" and not drop down when the pusher tries to advance a new puck through. it starts to drop down but then the pusher slides back under it and lifts it up the chute again. This means that if I don't keep checking the smoker every 20min I could ( and have ) end up with a puck burning for over an hour, and setting the next one on fire, obviously this could end up setting the whole thing burning.

Any ideas how to solve this so I can set it to smoke and leave it going?

Thanks.

beefmann

welcome aboard.

the long tube that the pucks are in.. be sure that it is all the way  down,,, if it is  not .. it will create some extra wiggle room on the pucks not allowing them to fall properly,...

also check to see that the puck pusher is retracting all the  way  back beyond the drop point of the pucks,, if not it has to be  adjusted.

check for any thing blocking the  pucks from dropping  properly... debris. dropping from the  pucks,,, sharp edges... ect...

hope this  helps

TedEbear

Here is a link to some additional troubleshooting tips, with pics.  The first part talks about the alignment of the feeder tube.

Why won't my bisquettes advance when I push the Advance button?

Lionman2

Thank you all, I will try the suggestions and report back.